In case the police suspect you of a crime, it is essential to understand that they are not your allies. Although they may seem friendly, their job is to gather information that can be used against you in court. It is unwise to believe that you can talk your way out of trouble with the police. If you are suspected of a crime, follow these steps:
1. Always remember that you have the right to remain silent. Even though the police may lie to you, anything you say can be used against you in court. Therefore, it is best to remain completely silent.
2. If questioned, only state that you refuse to answer any questions and ask for an attorney. Repeat this as many times as needed.
3. Never allow the police to search your vehicle, property, or person. This will only make it easier for them to build a case against you. Despite your intentions, allowing a search can only harm you and never help.
4. If requested to go to the police station for questioning or a polygraph test, decline.
5. If arrested, cooperate peacefully and avoid discussing your case with anyone except your lawyer.
6. Prioritize hiring a lawyer over a bail bondsman. While a bondsman can provide temporary freedom, a lawyer may be able to secure permanent freedom for you.
It’s also a good idea to watch a lecture about never talking to the police, like this one from Regent Law Professor, James Duane: https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
The VITAL Role of Assault lawyers: What is an ASSAULT LAWYER?When it comes to criminal charges related to assault or battery, having a skilled and dedicated assault lawyer by your side can make all the difference between going home at the end of the day and winding up...
The Crucial Role of Trial Experience: What is a trial attorney?Trial attorneys represent clients in courtroom proceedings, particularly those involving a jury trial. They possess expertise in crafting persuasive arguments, presenting evidence, and interacting with...
Unraveling the Mystery of Crimes of Passion: When Emotions Turn Deadly Love, desire, jealousy - emotions that can ignite the deepest and most resounding flames within us. But what happens when these intense feelings spiral out of control, leading to unthinkable...